Embarking on the Adventure of a Lifetime
Williams College encourages you to think about the option of study away as you begin the process of considering major fields and course requirements during your sophomore year.
Whether you’re thinking of spending a semester or a year abroad, there are a number of questions and concerns you’ll need to address. This website has been specifically designed to answer these questions (and some you haven’t thought of yet).
Study away not only provides you the chance to master another language, learn about another culture, and to engage in an internship or research away while earning credit toward the Williams degree, but it offers the possibility of profound personal change and real adventure.
Academic Year Walk-in Hours
- Mondays 9:30am-11:30am
- Tuesdays 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Wednesdays 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Thursdays 9:30am-11:30am
For Appointments 597-4262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates to Remember 2014-2015
- September 5 – Study Abroad Returning Students Reception (Full-year and Spring) TBA
- September 13 – Study Away General Information Meeting – Sophomore Orientation – ’62 Center for Theatre & Dance TBA
- September 24 – Study Abroad Fair, 11:00am-3:00pm, Lasell Gymnasium
- September 30 – Williams-Exeter Programme at Oxford (WEPO) Information Meeting, 7:00pm, Faculty House Downstairs Lounge
- October 21 – Study Away General Information Meeting, 7:00pm, Paresky Center Auditorium
- November 20 - Study Away Spring Pre-Departure Webinar & Quiz (Deadline for all Spring 2015 Study Away Students)
- January - Sophomores planning to submit study away petitions must schedule a meeting with Dean McKeon during Winter Study if they have not met with her yet to discuss their plans. (There will be no walk-in hours or appointment times for Study Away between February 18-27)
- February 11 - WEPO applications due on Glow by 3:00pm
- February 26 - WEPO Admits Orientation Meeting, 4:30pm, Paresky Center Auditorium
- March 2 – Study Away Petitions Submit Deadline (On PeopleSoft with hard copy to Dean’s Office by 3:00pm)
- April 22 - Study Away Pre-Departure Webinar & Quiz (Deadline for Fall/Full Year Study Away Students)
- April 23 - WEPO Pre-Departure Meeting, 4:00pm, Hopkins Hall Rogers Room