Passports and Visas

  • Do you have a passport?  If you do not, begin the application process immediately.
  • Is your passport current?  If you have a children’s passport, you will need to reapply for an adult passport.
  • When will your present passport expire?  You must renew your passport if it will expire less than 6 months from return date for your program.
  • You may need a visa to enter the country of your study away program. You should receive instructions for obtaining a visa from your program during the application process.
  • Your program may require a letter from Williams stating that you are a student in good standing.
  •  Any questions regarding this process may be directed to Tina Breakell, Director of International Education and Study Away.

US Passports and International Travel  (US Department of State)