Williams Global Ambassador Program (GAP)
A Global Ambassador is a student who has studied away from Williams, and now wishes to help give back to the Williams community by sharing global perspectives, stories, and awareness. Ambassadors are unpaid volunteer positions, but look great on a resume! Our Ambassadors will learn valuable leadership and mentoring skills, as well as strengthen their communication skills. Ambassadors reflect on their time away from Williams in meaningful ways while developing the skills to articulate their own global experiences both personally and professionally.
Because these are volunteer positions, we do not have a huge time commitment expectation of our Ambassadors. We expect our Ambassadors to be available to meet together as a group twice a semester, and make time to help with/plan events having to do with study away.
We require Ambassadors to attend a mandatory orientation at the beginning of the school year.
- Serve as a mentor and resource for students thinking of studying away
- Help with our annual Study Away Fair in the fall
- Social Media and Outreach (Facebook, Instagram and others)
- Pre-departure and Re-entry Programming
- Help at group advising sessions
- Develop content for our newsletter
- Help plan and execute International Education Week events (November)
- Assist with Photo/Video Contest (fall semester)
- Website work
- Create and market one event in collaboration with the study away office (presentation to a residence hall, a returnee event, campus-wide event related to study away etc.)
- Assist with tabling in Paresky and advertising study away to Williams students
- Other projects, depending on interest and expertise
- Ability to reflect on and articulate a variety of topics from your time abroad
- Enthusiastic with a passion for study abroad
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude regarding international experiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion for involvement with the Williams community
- Reliable and accountable
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the application below on/before June 4th – you will be contacted in June regarding your application and participation in the program!
The commitment is for the full academic year 2018-2019.
Applications for the 2018-2019 Ambassador Program are now closed. Keep your eyes open for a new round of applications for the 2019-2020 year which will open in spring 2019!