Timeline for Applications
Any sophomore who wishes to attend the Williams-Mystic program can do so in the spring semester of their sophomore year without petitioning the Committee on Academic Standing. Sophomores do not have to petition CAS if they plan to study at Mystic anytime in their junior year. Juniors are also encouraged to attend.
Student is required to:
- Attend a Study Away Information Session in the fall semester
- Complete a Study Away Questionnaire
- Meet with the Director to discuss attending Mystic, discussion will include winter study credit with study at Mystic or returning to campus for winter study
- Submit Study Away petition in PeopleSoft before applying directly to the Mystic program (petition is available from October 1 to March 1)
- Submit a Study Away Essay with hard copy of petition to Study Away Office upon completion
- Complete Mystic application
- Notify Study Away Office when accepted to Mystic program
By completing the Study Away petition, the student has requested to study off campus on a Williams program for credit towards his/her Williams degree.
Once the student is admitted to the program, they are coded administratively and the appropriate offices on campus are notified; i.e. Housing, Financial Aid, Bursar, Registrar, Dining Services, etc.